|Date||March 27 - April 1, 2017|
|Location||Cohutta Springs Youth Camp, Crandall, Georgia|
Registration for the 2017 OCI Leadership Retreat has closed. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about future events.
Click here to view the schedule.
Shortly before Jesus ascended into heaven, He commanded the apostles to remain in Jerusalem until the Father could connect them with His promised blessing—the Holy Spirit. That gift gave these soon-to-be revolutionaries the ability to focus on the greatest mission they had ever received, that of telling the world about the Messiah. Under the Holy Spirit’s leading they learned to lovingly engage with the Gentiles as Christ had. Through the Spirit’s power, their ministry went on to thrive, bearing fruit into the 21st century. Now it is up to us to be contagious. Their experience can be ours when we are Fully Charged.
What does it mean to be filled with the Holy Spirit? And how does the Spirit’s presence in our lives influence the way we minister to others? This will be our topic for reflection at the 2017 OCI Leadership Retreat with the theme Fully Charged.
Join us March 27 – April 1, 2017, at the Cohutta Springs Conference Center Youth Camp in Georgia, USA, for a time of Christian fellowship. Plan to arrive in time for supper at 5:45 pm on Monday, March 27, followed by our opening meeting. The final appointment will be breakfast at 7:30 am on Sunday, April 2. Children’s programming will be provided on Sabbath.
Leadership Retreat speakers include:
- Alexey Ostapenco – Field Vice President for Russian Speaking Region, OCI and Our Home Lifestyle Center & School
- Braam Oberholster – Professor in Management Studies, Southern Adventist University
- Charissa Fong – HopeChannel Australia
- G. T. Ng – Secretary, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Jennifer Jill Schwirzer – Abide Counseling
- Kim Busl – Field Vice President for Africa and Western Europe, OCI
- Michelle Doucoumes – Director of Education, Wildwood Lifestyle Center
- Frank M. Hasel – Associate Director, Biblical Research Institute
- Naomi Jackson – Communication Director, OCI
- Ralph Kikkert – The Table Group
- Rusty McKee – McKee Foods
- Steven Grabiner – President, OCI
- Victor Cadavid – Wellness Manager, Riverside Farm Institute
Dates to Remember
Early registration deadline: December 19, 2016 Regular registration deadline: January 30, 2017 Late registration deadline: March 6, 2017 Full refund deadline: February 27, 2017 Substitution deadline: March 6, 2017
- Itinerary deadline: March 13, 2017
- Leadership Retreat arrival: March 27, 2017
- Leadership Retreat departure: April 2, 2017
Full Leadership Retreat
Includes registration, all meals from supper on Monday, March 27, to breakfast on Sunday, April 2, and lodging. Bedding and towels provided. Rates are per person.
Member Ministry, Member Ministry Student & OCI Board
Early bird: $495 Regular: $530 Late: $610 Child 6-12: $435 Child < 6: Free Group (10+): 10% discount on adult registrations
Early bird: $610 Regular: $650 Late: $730 Child 6-12: $530 Child < 6: Free
Daily Leadership Retreat
Includes registration, breakfast, lunch, supper, and lodging for one night. Bedding and towels provided. Rates are per person per night.
Member Ministry, Member Ministry Student & OCI Board
Early bird: $135 Regular: $150 Late: $160 Child 6-12: $125 Child < 6: Free Group (10+): 10% discount on adult registration
Early bird: $160 Regular: $170 Late: $180 Child 6-12: $150 Child < 6: Free
Offsite Leadership Retreat Attendees
Includes registration. Rates are per person for the duration of the retreat.
Registration: $55 Breakfast, lunch, or supper: $10
Book a shuttle with Groome Transportation to Dalton, GA (La Quinta Inn shuttle stop). We arrange your transportation to/from Dalton, GA to/from Cohutta Springs Conference Center Youth Camp on arrival and/or departure day for the rates listed below.
One way: $18.50 Round trip: $37
T-shirts and Dress Shirts
Unisex Retreat T-shirt: $10 Women’s OCI Dress Shirt: $40 Men’s OCI Dress Shirt: $50
Venue and Transportation
Cohutta Springs Conference Center Youth Camp
1181 Cohutta Springs Road
Crandall, GA 30711
As you enter Cohutta Springs, take the first right and then stay left to arrive at the camp lodge.
There are two options for traveling to Cohutta Springs if you do not plan to use your own vehicle or rent a car:
- Atlanta: Fly into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport (ATL), go to the domestic terminal, and find ground transportation to take a shuttle from the airport to Dalton, GA, through Groome Transportation. Please reserve your seat online or over the phone ahead of time, and upload your shuttle itineraries upon registering for the retreat or email it to email@example.com by March 13.
- Chattanooga: Fly into the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (CHA). Groome Transportation provides shuttle services from the Chattanooga airport to Dalton, GA, but tickets can only be reserved over the phone. Please reserve your seat, and upload your shuttle itineraries upon registering for the retreat or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 13.
The Fine Print
Cancellations and substitutions: Full refund less payment processing fees always granted in case of illness. In any other case, a full refund less payment processing fees is granted by February 27. Attendee substitutions granted by March 6.
Transportation: Itineraries must be received by March 13 to accommodate transportation services to and/or from Dalton, GA.
Group: 10 or more people from the same member ministry who complete registration at the same time.